Tuesday, May 12, 2015

You can have any color you want, as long as it is RED!!!

I have always been a very big patron on nude pastel lipstick shades. Pinks, light browns and peach were always on my top favorite lipstick colors. Only tell last week. Last week, on my way to office, I saw this new hoarding with seven supermodels which includes the likes of Aishwarya Rai, Frida Pinto, Sonam Kapoor etc. These seven extremely glamorous women were flaunting seven different shades of amazing red lipsticks and were all looking stunning in them. The ad in itself was about the new range of reds that the company was offering and convinced me that not only was I totally worth it but that I could carry them off confidently as well.
So, here I was at the age of 25, when I realized that my whole life’s orientation towards pale colors for lipsticks were absolutely wrong. Red was the color that I needed to flaunt, and red was the color that would express my personality to the extent that it needed to be. Quite obviously, I needed my gang of girls to be with me during such a poignant moment and discussing the pros and cons of it all. Moreover, during this critical turning point of my life I would need my friends to be around to guide me through this transition smoothly right! So I called an emergency meeting for the weekend. My Agenda- Code Red!
We met at the regular lounge. Once everyone was assembled, I told them about my new found self discovery in the red lipstick. While everyone agreed that this was a positive change, my friends seemed to be more bothered with the whys and the hows of it all. What had got me so oriented towards red? So one pal from the gang, who was currently taking a sabbatical from work, finally opened up. It turned out that she was taking the sabbatical for her research on paranormal activities, precisely the science of possession. It was her opinion that this ‘red fetish’ as she called it (I personally do not like her calling this momentous change in my orientation as a mere fetish) was because apparently some vampire from the 12th century (or did she say 2nd centuries???) had taken control of my mind. She opined that such possessions begin with the desire for red on the lips and then evolves into a want for blood in the mouth. As of now my desire was only for the red on my lips….i can think of blood when it bothers me….i dont care if it evolves into blood thirst. Another friend of mine who had already established a name in the world of Psychology, had a contrary opinion.To her, this was no out of the world task, rather a very inside my head ‘disturbance’.  Her opinion was that I was finally evolving into the middle age. Apparently, women who have relished pastels all their lives, display a tendency towards brighter shades, when they get menopausal. The likes of Rekha and Jaya Bacchan were a part of this trend. Well, if my friend was even suggesting that I had reached my menopausal stage at 25, I could gurantee that I could send her to her deathbed very soon. What my psychological friend tried to explain to me was that while it took Rekha and Jaya, 50s to reach the I love red lipstick stage, I had a much more evolved brain, which is why I am already there at a much younger stage. Bravo, for working out such an amazing theory but I still needed my share of red lipstick and someone would have to go to the store with me to pick the right one
So on the auspicious Sunday, I went off to the nearby mall, to pick my shade…..[to be continued]


No comments: